‘Working collaboratively to encourage a love of language and literature through explorations of world-reaching and relevant themes.’
- Understand how people communicate messages, ideas and thoughts through the written and spoken form, approaching them with an open and critical mindset
- Become strong communicators through own reading, writing and oracy
- Develop an empathetic approach to different values, cultures and perspectives through the 3 core skills above, encouraging students to become conscientious individuals in society.
- Giving students the opportunities to explore a wide range of texts and authors which they may not otherwise encounter.
- As well as the functional skills and knowledge of language students need for the world of work, we will also equip students for the academic study required at a higher education.
- Students will develop their analytical skills alongside improving their ability to create thoughtful and engaging non-fiction and fictional pieces of writing.
- English becomes an avenue for imagination, self-expression, and creativity.
What will students study in English?
View the English learning journey below:
English Language - AQA Exam Board- 8700- GCSE (9-1)
English Literature - AQA Exam Board - 8702- GCSE (9-1)
Find out more about English at NLS via our Virtual Open Evening video below: