As a department we aim to prepare our students to be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs, equipped and able to be successful in any challenge they encounter; through becoming independent life-long learners.
We aim to enable every Business Studies student to leave school with an accredited qualification and have high personal expectations. We strive to reduce the attainment gap between groups of students by making effective use of data to inform teaching and learning, by constantly developing our skills as a teaching team.
What knowledge / skills beyond the exam specification do you want students to acquire in your subject?
- Develop real life skills through demonstrating an understanding of the interrelated nature of business
- The ability to use business models, theories and techniques to support analysis of contemporary business issues
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and apply theory to business situations
- Engage students through topics and issues that are relevant and topical in today’s society.
- The ability to think critically about issues and make informed decisions
- Students will develop critical thinking skills and enquiring attitudes
- Develop skills that will prepare students’ workplace skills which in turn will contribute to their economic wellbeing
- Nurture contextualises learning through the use of real life situations and problem-solving scenarios.
- Develop transferable skills and qualities such as the ability to work effectively in teams through effective communication.
What will students study in Business Studies?
View the Business Studies learning journey below
Business - Pearson Edexcel Exam Board- 1BSO- GCSE (9-1)
Find out more about Business Studies at NLS via our Virtual Open Evening video below: