Health and Social Care
- To gain an appreciation of how the human life can be impacted by biological, social, economic and environmental factors.
- To become empathetic in wider society to those more vulnerable and have strategies to be able to support them.
- To be employable in the fields of health and social care.
What knowledge / skills beyond the exam specification do you want students to acquire in your subject?
- Develop empathy skills to be able to effectively communicated and support more vulnerable members of society.
- Develop transferable skills to ensure students are ready with the knowledge and skills to enter employment in the fields of health and social care.
- Develop the ability to write coherently, sensitively and logically. This to be applied to a range of settings and requirements.
What will students study in Health and Social Care?
View the Health and Social Care learning journey below:
Health and Social Care - Pearson BTEC Tech Awards Exam Board- YNX45- BTEC Tech Award
Find out more about Health and Social Care at NLS via our Virtual Open Evening video below: