Our students follow a broad and balanced curriculum which:
- Ensures students are supported in achieving the best possible outcomes for them.
- Encourages students to participate in a wide variety of activities that help to widen their experiences.
- Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of students.
- Prepares students at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
We deliver outstanding teaching and learning in this wonderful environment, where students develop the ability to be resilient, resourceful, reflective individuals who work collaboratively to reach their full potential and who are equipped with the skills, knowledge and qualities needed for success in the rapidly changing world that they live in.
Every subject benefits from specialist rooms and resources which enhance the fantastic learning experience. Subjects are grouped into 3 faculties according to common areas of knowledge and understanding. Each faculty is led by a senior member of staff who ensures consistently high standards and facilitates the sharing of ideas about teaching, learning and our student’s progress.
- Core Faculty – Maths, English, Media and Science
- Humanities Faculty – Geography, History, Religious Education, Social Sciences, Business Studies and Modern Foreign Languages
- Performance Faculty – Art (Fine Art, Photography and Textiles), Computer Science, Design Technology, Drama, Food Technology, Physical Education, Dance and Music
Student experience is enriched by a whole host of extra-curricular activities and clubs for students of all abilities. As well as clubs in subjects such as Science, Maths, Drama and ICT we also offer a wide range of opportunities to take part in sports and arts based activities.
We have a wealth of dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced staff who run regular trips and excursions, providing wonderful opportunities for memorable learning experiences.
Please view our current extra-curricular activities for Autumn Term 2021.