It is our belief that all students should have the opportunity to become young artists, who are passionate, creative and independent in the artwork they produce.
Our students should want to explore the world around them and be given the opportunities to express themselves through a variety of materials, techniques and processes. They should be able to explore materials and techniques, learn by their mistakes and appreciate that this takes time and perseverance.
We want students to develop their collaboration, confidence, resilience and creativity. We want them to be able to improve through reflective behaviour to become -
- Self-aware and independent.
- Critical thinkers, developing a better awareness of themselves and others.
- Reflective about their work and open to new discoveries.
- Technically strong and able to demonstrate this using a variety of material.
- Aware of an audience and the impact their art can have.
- To explore materials, techniques and processes without giving up.
- To create work that is different and provokes discussion.
- A give it a go attitude and willingness to make mistakes.
- A strong work ethic.
- Justification of their work and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to explore more than one concept and refine work as it progresses.
- Excellent keyword knowledge and the ability to communicate this in annotations.
What will students study in The Arts?
View The Arts Learning Journey below