- To gain a deeper understanding of the society we live in (understand the reason for trends) and be able to question what influences society and social groups in the 21st century.
- Develop curious learners who are able to critically analyse the world they live in, delving deeper into the ‘why’ something is the way it is and not just accepting something ‘is’.
What knowledge / skills beyond the exam specification do you want students to acquire in your subject?
- Develop critical thinking skills to be able to challenge status quo.
- Develop transferable skills being able to make sense of societal changes and why these might be occurring.
- Develop logical thinking skills, be able to apply knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods to uncover patterns and trends on the world they live in and how social groups are shaped in society.
- Develop the ability to write coherently, evaluatively and flexibly. This to be applied to a range of settings and requirements.
What will students study in Sociology?
View the Sociology learning journey below
Sociology- AQA Exam Board- 7192- GCE Adv
Find out more about Sociology at NLS via our Virtual Open Evening video below: