Y8 Options- Health & Social Care
Head of Department:
Miss C Howard
What Will I Study?
Unit 1 Human Lifespan Development
- Understand human growth and development across life stages and the factors that affect it.
- Investigate how individuals deal with life event.
Unit 2 Health and Social Care Services & Values
- Understand the different types of health and social care services and barriers to accessing them
- Demonstrate care values and review own practice
Unit 3 Health and Wellbeing
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of factors that affect health and wellbeing
- Interpret health indicators
- Design a person-centred health and wellbeing improvement plan
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how to overcome obstacles relating to health and wellbeing improvement plans
The components focus on:
- The development of core knowledge and understanding of human growth and development, how people deal with major life events, health and social care services
- The development and application of skills such as: practical demonstration of care values, together with the ability to reflect on own performance
- Reflective practice through the development of skills and techniques that allow learners to respond to feedback and identify areas for improvement using relevant presentation techniques, for example a logbook
How Will I Be Assessed?
Unit 1 Human Lifespan Development & Unit 2 Health and Social Care Services & Values will require students to complete a series of tasks which will be added to their portfolios and will assessed internally and moderated externally.
Unit 3 Health and Wellbeing will be a 2 hour external assessment.
Please view more information in our video below: