Tips from our Year 7 Transition Leaders
- To get to lessons on time there’s a bell at break and lunch to signal 'start walking to lessons now' 5 minutes until lessons start to help you.
- Bring all pieces of equipment you will need in your lessons.
- You will have to carry lots of books and your PE kit so make sure that you have a big enough bag.
- There is always be someone to you help you so don’t worry about asking someone for help - there are plenty of teachers and students who can help you find your way around,
- If you need help with anything student services can help
- Follow your class mates to your next class if you don't know where it is as they will probably be going to the same place
- Be friendly and go in with an open mind to new people you meet. Put yourself out there and be nice to everyone, you will definitely make some new friends
- Make friends with some that did not go to your primary school.
- Everyone's really nice and welcoming also everyone is going through the same thing right now.
- Joining clubs is a good way to make friends.
- Be yourself, remember you're not alone, have fun and don't worry.
Help with work
- If you need help, ask a member of staff because all of the teachers are friendly.
- Have a positive attitude to learning. Try your best at everything you do because it doesn't matter if you get the answer wrong as long as you try your best.
- Don't stress yourself out too much about tests or not keeping up in class, the teachers are really helpful and kind.
- Put your hand up in class if you're not sure, this will help you to answer questions fully, without just sitting there thinking "what does this mean".
- If you get in trouble learn from it and if you fail it is just a stepping stone to success
- Try your best and you will achieve your goals and be successful!!
What we have enjoyed
- I have enjoyed after school clubs, meeting new friends and tutor time
- I have enjoyed making new friends (oh and also the food is really good).
- School lunches, new squash machine, Astro, MUGA and the after schools clubs!
- I have enjoyed the independence
- I have enjoyed the different subjects and meeting new people
- Have fun! Many new opportunities are right ahead of you. Our school has lots of resources and clubs that will teach you new information.
- I think if you feel really worried about the first day you should think of something positive about the day ahead and focus on the positive. If you are feeling stressed out about school, a really good method is to take it one day at a time.
- Be yourself, have fun, work hard and be kind.
- Just enjoy it! Once you're settled, you will feel so welcome and comfortable.