Subject Leader: Design Technology
Full-Time, Permanent Contract MPS/UPS with a TLR 2C (£7017) from April 2022 or September 2022 considered for the right candidate
Do you want to be part of a high performing school, and develop your own subject team?
North Leamington School (NLS) is a fantastic place to work and develop as a teacher. We would love you to come and join us!
We are an oversubscribed school with an expanding Sixth Form and have sustained continuous improvement in order to secure fantastic outcomes for all of our students. Attainment and progress at KS4 and 5 are consistently above the national average. Our sixth form is currently in the top 3.5% of schools nationally. We are a highly values driven school, defined by our core values of commitment, opportunity, respect and excellence for all and in all that we do.
North Leamington School has a strong team spirit and a passion for creating an inclusive learning environment, which enables all students to exceed expectations. We promote exemplary relationships at all levels, and strive for outstanding outcomes. All staff and students are valued highly. We have a first class commitment to developing individuals and working with others to reach their full potential; our personalised CPD programme is second to none. Emphasis on staff wellbeing is an integral part of our ethos, offering several schemes and we provide an outstanding working environment.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated Subject Leader of Design Technology, with outstanding leadership skills to lead this subject and team, whilst teaching across the disciplines at Key Stage 4 to an excellent standard. Design technology and Food Preparation and Nutrition are increasingly popular Key Stage 4 option choices at North Leamington School, and our vision is for the successful candidate to develop our curriculum offer across Years 7 - 11 and into Key Stage 5 as appropriate.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are a highly effective, qualified and dedicated leader wh is able to lead the department and teach across the technology disciplines at Key Stage 4
- Wish to develop professionally and contribute fully to the department and wider school
Please see our application pack including the job description and person specification for full details and requirements with regards to this role and note any offer of employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory enhanced DBS checks and the right to work in the UK.
What We Offer:
- A fantastic school environment in which to work, with exemplary relationships and successful with outstanding outcomes
- A range of staff health and wellbeing resources and services, working together with a supportive team that offers guidance and mentoring
- A first class commitment to developing individuals through personalised CPD programmes and working with our people so that they reach their full potential
If you wish to be part of this outstanding Learning Community, please complete our application forms and submit to email@example.com
Application closes on 8/12/21 at 9 am.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place on 10/12/21.
Thank you for your interest in our role.