16-19 Tuition Fund
The 16-19 fund is additional funding that has been provided to North Leamington School Sixth Form to ensure we support all 16-19 learners who have had their learning disrupted by the COIVD -19 lockdown. The fund will be used for small group and 1:1 tuition in English, Maths and vocational learning for 16 to 19-year-old learners. This tuition will be in addition to the planned study programme hours.
These sessions will be developed in a bespoke way to meet the individual needs of every leaner. The tuition sessions will be scheduled in addition to the planned programme of study hours already timetabled for the academic year 2020/21. In the first instance the sessions will be taken by a third party provider, either online or in person.
The funding will be used for students who:
- have not achieved a grade 4 or 5 in English and/or maths
- have a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths, are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support in other subject areas
Examples of the Tuition Support on offer will include:
- English and maths tuition – either online or face to face
- Subject tuition for disadvantaged learners with a grade 4 or above in Maths and English
- GCSE revision workshops
- Academic skills support and development